Division: Shoulder Reconstruction
Category: Shoulder Reconstruction
The patented GLOBAL® Anchor Peg Glenoid Implant achieves immediate stability with the three cemented peripheral pegs, and provides long-term fixation through an interference fit of the central peg. The central peg facilitates bony integration around the flutes for increased fixation strength and resists “rocking horse” loosening. A study by Wirth et al. showed that mean fixation strength increased significantly within three months and remained strong six months postoperatively in a weight-bearing animal study. Improved fixation of the central fluted peg was confirmed radiographically and histologically in all cases.1
GLOBAL®APG+ is an advanced cannulated instrumentation system that provides accurate placement, orientation, and precise bone preparation for optimal implantation of the GLOBAL® Anchor Peg Glenoid Implant. The instruments were designed for ease of use and heightened efficiency in the operating room by incorporating features that enhance versatility, simplicity, and precision through a streamlined surgical approach. GLOBAL® APG+ Implant is designed to be used with either the GLOBAL® ADVANTAGE® or GLOBAL® AP® Shoulder Arthroplasty Systems. Both arthroplasty systems combine innovative designs and durable materials with almost 20 years of clinical history.2
1. Wirth MA, Korvick DL, Basamania CJ, et al. Radiologic, mechanical and histologic evaluation of 2 glenoid prosthesis designs in a canine model. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2001;10(2) 140-148.
2. Matsen FA III, Iannotti JP, Rockwood CA Jr. Humeral fixation by press-fitting of a tapered metaphyseal stem: a prospective radiographic study. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2003;85A(2)304-308.
The DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction GLOBAL® Anchor Peg Glenoid is indicated for use in total shoulder replacement for the treatment of:
Glenoid components are indicated only for use with bone cement.
WARNING: This product has labeling limitations. See package insert for complete information.
|GLOBAL Anchor Peg Glenoid Implant||• Advanced Fixation - Immediate fixation achieved through fluted interference fit central peg and cemented peripheral pegs
• Advanced Biomechanics – 6mm of diametric mismatch emulates anatomic biomechanics of a healthy shoulder
|Premieron X-Linked Polyethylene||• 85% reduction in wear debris over conventionally manufactured and sterilized components1
• GUR 1020 polyethylene resin
• 5 Mrad of irradiation
• Thermally treated to 155° F to virtually eliminate free radicals for an oxidatively stable material
• Maintains mechanical integrity
Wirth MA, Klotz C, Deffenbaugh DL, et al. Cross-linked glenoid prosthesis: a wear comparison to conventional glenoid prosthesis with wear particulate analysis. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2009;18(1)130-137.
GLOBAL APG+ Instrumentation System
|Low Profile Central Reamer
(40/44 or 48/52/56)
|• When used with the Low Profile Peripheral Reamer, allows for successful reaming in patients with challenging glenoid exposure
• Half-moon shape aids insertion past the humerus
• Glenoid-friendly blunt leading edge reduces the risk of bone fracture and interference with retractors.
• Cannulation and quick connect end allows for fast and easy use.
• Color-coded banding matches corresponding Low Profile Peripheral Reamer, Central Drill Bit, and Trial.
|Cannulated Instruments with Quick Connect Adapters||• The quick connect end enables fast and easy connections between instruments.
• Cannulation allows for fast insertion over guide pin
Fixed Pin Guide
|• Allows for placement of a guide pin without pre-operative planning by referencing the junction of the anterior glenoid neck and the scapular body regardless of glenoid version.|
All medical devices have associated risks. Please refer to the package insert and other labeling for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings. For further information on DePuy Synthes Products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes Representative.