Division: Hip Reconstruction
Category: Hip Reconstruction
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions is a modular cup system designed with a wide range of acetabular cup options, biological and mechanical fixation alternatives and advanced bearing technologies that allows surgeons the flexibility to choose intraoperatively from among the most advanced technologies available depending on their patients’ individual needs. The PINNACLE Cup celebrated 15 years of clinical heritage in 2015 and over 2 million cups1 have been provided to patients worldwide.
1. 2000 - 2015 sales data on file, DePuy International Ltd.
|Multiple Fixation Options||PINNACLE Hip Solutions offers advanced GRIPTION®, POROCOAT®, and DUOFIX® Porous Coatings options to allow for biological fixation.1-4|
|ALTRX® Polyethylene||ALTRX Polyethylene is an ultra-low-wear polyethylene and an advanced option in alternative bearings. The specific manufacturing process is used to optimize the balance between wear reduction, mechanical integrity, and oxidative stability.|
|BIOLOX® delta Ceramic Heads||The advanced technology of BIOLOX delta Ceramic Heads articulating on ALTRX Polyethylene Bearings provides an alternative solution for high-demand patients. This low-wear option produces 33 percent less volumetric wear than ALTRX Polyethylene Liners with cobalt chrome heads.5|
|Intraoperative Flexibility||PINNACLE Hip Solutions provides a full spectrum of shell styles, liner offerings, and offset options to address a wide variety of patient anatomies.|
1. Bobyn JD, Pilliar RM, Cameron HU and Weatherley GC. “The Optimum Pore Size for the Fixation of Porous-Surfaced Metal Implants by the Ingrowth of Bone.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research Vol. 150, 1980.
2. Svehla M, Morberg P, Zicat B, Bruce W, Sonnabend D and Walsh WR. “Morphometric and Mechanical Evaluation of Titanium Implant Integration. Comparison of Five Surface Structures.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Vol. 51, No. 1, July 2000: 15-22.
3. Pilliar RM. “Powder Metal-Made Orthopaedic Implants with Porous Surface for Fixation by Tissue Ingrowth.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 1983:176.
4. Cook SD, et al. “Interface Mechanics and Bone Ingrowth into Porous Co-Cr-Mo Alloy Implants.” Clinical Orthopaedics 1985: 193.
5. Liao Y-S, Greer K, Alberts A. “Effect of head material and roughness on the wear of 7.5 Mrad crosslinked-remelted UHMWPE acetabular inserts.” Presented at the 54th annual meeting of the Orthopaedic ResearchSociety. San Francisco, CA; March 2-5, 2008. Poster 1901.
BIOLOX® is a registered trademark of CeramTec GmbH.
All medical devices have associated risks. Please refer to the package insert and other labeling for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings. For further information on DePuy Synthes Products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes Representative.