Division: Hip Reconstruction
Category: Hip Reconstruction
The SUMMIT® Tapered Hip System is built on the tapered stem geometry that draws from the DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction heritage as the leader in cementless hip technology. The SUMMIT Hip has its foundation in critical anatomical analysis, surgical experience, and sound engineering principles. This, plus a commitment to research and development, state-of-the-art manufacturing methods and precision instrumentation, has been combined to create the SUMMIT Tapered Hip System.
|DUOFIX® Coating (combination of POROCOAT® Porous Coating and Hydroxyapatite)||• Fixation to bone has been shown to occur in less than 3 months1,2|
|Radial ZTT Steps||• Converts hoop stresses to compression loads3
• Reduced risk of intra-operative fracture4*
|Direct Lateralization||• Enables femoral offset restoration without affecting leg length
• Offset options to help surgeons manage soft tissue laxity
|Neck Design||• Neck geometry designed to decrease the risk of dislocation due to impingement and increased range of motion5
• Polished neck designed to reduce wear debris
*When compared to leading competitors
1. Engh CA, et al. Cementless total hip arthroplasty using the anatomic medullary locking stem: 0-10 year results using a survivorship analysis. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 1989:249
2. Pilliar RM. Powder metal-made orthopaedic implants with porous surface for fixation by tissue ingrowth of bone Clin Orthop 1980:150.
3. Christie,. Et al. “Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty with Use of the Modular S-ROM Prosthesis” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Dec. 1999: 1707
4. Currier, John H., et al “In vitro Testing of the Risk of Femur Fracture During Insertion of Radial Stepped Stems and Porous Coated Stems” Poster Presentation #1841, 54th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA. 2008
5. Data on file DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Warsaw, IN. DVA-106976